xhamia-Ethem-Beut-150x150

    Ethem Bey Mosquet

    Is the only one of eight mosques of XVIII-XIX century built in Tirana, preserved until today. According to inscriptions containing Haxhi Ethem Bey Mosque, it laid its foundation at the end of the century. XVIII, Molla Bey, and the shrine of his son met Haxhi Ethem Bey in the first quarter of the century. XIX. Visitors are offered a wonderful architecture of the mosque decorated with wall paintings, oriental tradition.

    National History Museum

    Aims to promote understanding and appreciation of the history of Albania to domestic and foreign public, and to encourage dialogue between citizens, on the past, present and future of the country. To this end, it acquires, preserves and studies the material and immaterial evidence of historical and cultural heritage of Albania, which communicates and presents them in an environment that encourages education and entertainment.

    Arms Museum

    Are two main pavilions: Pavilion of the historic era pavilion 1470-1945 and 1945-1990. Arms Museum contains more than a thousand objects museum, where distinguished pistol drew from the Middle Ages until the XIX, a gun decorated with gold and silver, a set of window dressing with rifles of various types of medieval, renaissance-era sword Skanderbeg, and vehicles are of different types.

    Cathedral ``Resurrection of Christ``

    Was built in the center of the capital, in a land that was given gradually by state authorities (2001-2005) in compensation to the land of the old cathedral church in Tirana, which was destroyed by an atheist regime 1967. For architectural study of the work, in 2002 ran an international competition, was won office ``Papadatos Partnership LLP Architects`` from New York. In addition, the initial project was made further processing.

    Memorial ``Post Block``

    Commemorates the victims of the communist regime in Albania. The memorial consists of three objects original: bunker installed at this location, at the entrance to the block since the time of the dictatorship, the pillars of the gallery, taken from the mine camp infamous persecution, described as ``Auschwitz`` Albanians, he Spaç and a piece of the Berlin wall, a gift that is made by the Municipality of Tirana Mayor of Berlin.

    St. Paul's Catholic Church

    Was built in late 2001. It is among the newest cathedrals and also the largest in Tirana. Its name recalls the Apostle Paul as the first evangelist of Albanian territories, in 52 AD. In a letter to the Romans, St. Paul says that ``... the sacred word has led to Illyria ...``. In the premises of the church is a statue of Mother Teresa. Also, her figure is found working in one of the glass in the cathedral premises.

    Tirana Clock Tower

    Was built in 1822. It has 90 degree spiral and is 35 meters high, which until 1970 was the tallest building in the capital. Initially, there was a bell brought from Venice, which fell every hour. Dome located on top gives it a type architecture San Marco. Clock Tower is open to tourists since 1996. It is also the symbol of the emblem of the Municipality of Tirana.

    Mosaic of Tirana

    Mosaic of Tirana is the oldest monument in Tirana. Researchers think that we are dealing with a period cottage Roman third century AD, where the floor of the main premises is decorated with mosaics. Later, the object fits and used as early Christian church, starting from mid-fourth century onwards. Mosaics mainly contain geometric motifs, but the typical motifs of early Christianity.

    Tomb of Kaplan Pasha

    Large feudal custom made to build shrines, of which today stands the monumental tomb of Kaplan Pasha Toptani died in 1819. Once she stood opposite the shrine of Suleiman Pasha Mosque Old Bargjini and today in front of the Unknown Soldier monument. It is shaped octagon, very interesting columns monolithic, to the capitals of silizuara Corinthian and eight bows decorated with a leaf akanthi stylized relief, one of which contains an inscription that speaks for Kaplan Toptani.

    Tirana Castle

    Was built by one of the descendants of the founders of Tirana, Sulejman Pasha Bargjini (1604), Ahmet Pasha Bargjini in the second half of XVIII century. In 1798, the castle fell into the hands of Toptani family of Kruja. In addition, visitors were offered to watch the track of the new tower of Tirana revealed and recently restored and entertaining combined with context and surrounding infrastructure.

    Pyramid

    Formerly known as ``Enver Hoxha Museum,`` located at ``Pope John Paul II``. Unique pyramid-shaped structure was designed by the daughter of the communist dictator Enver Hoxha, which was inaugurated in 1988 and has served as a museum to his heritage until 1991. Today, officially known as the ``International Cultural Center Peter Arbnoru ``.

    Tabak Bridge

    Got its name because of the special position of guild Tabak in economic and social life of Tirana in XVII-XVIII centuries. There is a stone structure, formed by two arches and paved with cobblestones. The bridge consists of a main arc, over which the bridge-shaped back. This arc of light and space is 8 meters and is built with 2 rows of arches side thickness of 1 meter. Height of water level was 3.5 meters.